Monday, October 21, 2013

Tornado and YOLO

"It has begun."
The famous line said by Theoden, King of Rohan, in Lord of the Rings is good for anything that you're afraid of facing, excited about, or that you just don't want to happen.  This time, I'm using this line because I'm excited.  My Uncle has been going to sales to find me and my sister each a steer (male cow that isn't a bull) for our county fair.  My brother already got his, Twister, who I already blogged about.  Well, my Uncle finally found one for us in Idaho!  They are both black and one has a stripe down his face (pictures coming soon...hopefully).  I don't know which one I'm getting yet, but luckily, they are both gentle, so I don't have to worry about being dragged all over the place by a thousand pound animal (it's happened before and believe me, it's not fun).  I'm almost positive I'm going to name mine Tornado, because this year my 4-H club, which only has five kids including me, are all going to try and name their steers after weather patterns.  So far we have, Twister, Thunder, Lightening, Tornado, and my sister had planned a name before we even decided to do this whole weather thing so she's naming hers YOLO (at least that's the plan so far)...You Only Live Once.  I'm so excited about meeting my Tornado!

No comments:

Post a Comment