Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blood, Sweat, and Tears

 So I finally finished writing a novel and I'm going to get one free hard back copy of it.  At first I was all like, "Yay!  I finished a novel!  Now I can just upload it to the website and get my copy!"  Haha.  NOPE.  Now I have to do all the editing and non stop revising.
As my cousin points out things that don't make sense to her in the novel, I'm reminded that to someone who hasn't read it yet, it is VERY confusing.  But to me, hey, it makes perfect sense!  So right now that's what we're working on.  Making sure it all flows, makes sense, doesn't contradict itself, and all that FUN stuff.
To be honest, I'm tired.  I just want my book in hard cover!  But the thing is, if I want it to be well done, complete, and thorough, I have to finish the editing process.  This is the most time I've EVER spent perfecting a novel...like EVER...in my life.  It's been VERY intense.  Really...like...I'm sick of my own novel.
Anyway...the point of this post is that in order to get a good end result, you have to work hard and wade through the blood, sweat, and tears to get the product you want.  Things don't just come to us with the snap of a finger or the wave of a wand.  It takes work, dedication, and an aching brain to get better and create something you're proud of.

2 comments:

  1. Truest words ever spoken! The best things come out of hard work, for sure, even if it i a long and painful process! This was a great reminder for me. It's so easy to get discouraged when you have to grit your teeth and progress is slow. And it's all worth it in the end!

    And that's awesome! I couldn't even imagine how much work writing a novel would be. Great job on good work done so far! That's amazing! :)

    -- Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) It's definitely always worth it!!

    ReplyDelete