Monday, April 7, 2014

Memories

So today we went out to feed our steers and I stopped by the gate that leads into the yard.  Then I remembered our two Australian Shepherds, Sophie and Bear.  I got all teary eyed for a minute then I thought, God takes things away from us for reasons sometimes we can't understand.  I still don't know why God took Sophie and Bear from us, but I have a pretty good idea.  Maybe he took them so that we would see Him in our grief.  So that we could rely upon Him when things got hard and not rely upon ourselves.  If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that God always has a plan.  Confusing?  Sometimes, yes.  But it's always the best for us and for His glory.  So as I remember Sophie and Bear, I tell myself that they were really God's.  He took them when He wanted to take them and He did it at that point in our lives because it was all a part of His perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment