Saturday, August 9, 2014

Fair 2014

I just finished my 4th year doing a steer at the fair!  It was tons of fun and VERY exhausting.  It's hard getting up every day to get to the fair grounds in time to clean pens, feed the animals, AND get them and myself ready to show that day.  My steer, Tornado, wasn't on his best behavior, but he placed first in confirmation which gave me the #5 spot in the sale!  Very proud of him and I'm sad that he's being hauled away tonight.  I'm gonna miss that animal even though he had a strange obsession with licking/eating leather.
One of the members of my 4-H club won grand champion showman overall for the beef barn and got to participate in the Round Robin which is where all the champion showmen from the other barns show lambs, goats, pigs, horses, dairy cattle, and steers.  For being a Junior Showman, he did fantastic!  He didn't win Master Showman, but he did us all proud:)
It's been a great experience and I can't wait for next year!  So there's my FAST summary of fair 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment