Monday, January 7, 2013

The Future (yeah, it's scary!)

So at Church on Sunday, me and my best friend were playing pool (I was actually playing I was horrible at it, but I was playing!  I was super proud of myself) and we were talking about college and the future.  It was the first conversation that we had had in a long time where it didn't end in an argument, we weren't inturrupting one another, and we weren't acting like complete idiots.  It was pretty fun.  When our parents told us it was time to leave, he looked at me and said, "Hey, that was pretty fun.  We should do this more often." It's kind of crazy how fast time slips past us and we don't even know it.  I mean, to our parents, it feels like we were born yesterday, but then we are only a few years away from going to college and then getting married and having kids.  The whole time thing brings me to my whole point of this post.  Since our lives are so short, we should (like the song) live like we were dying.  You can't tell yourself, oh I'm young.  I won't have to follow Christ right now.  I can just wait until I'm done having fun and then I can follow his plan for my life.  If you believe this like I once did, I'm sorry to say, but I must tell the truth: YOUR THEORY IS ALL WRONG!  We are to follow God's plan for us no matter how old we are.  Just because you are a Christan doesn't mean you can't have fun.  Sure you live differently and you act differently, but who cares what others think right?  God's opinion is the only one that matters.  So while you are on earth for this VERY short time that you have, enjoy things of course, but also, do what you were put on this earth to do: Share the gospel with those around you, whether it's by words or bodylanguage.  Show people that, yes I'm different, and it's because of this great God that I have looking out for me. 

1 comment:

  1. no argument?! I'm impressed! The one day I'm out of town... dang. lol! :)

    ReplyDelete