Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Encouraging Word Wednesday: Week 10

I have the last Wednesday of a Good News Club that I've been teaching today.  I'm excited and a little sad at the same time.  Excited because now my Wednesday's will be free and I'll get to do more things, but sad because I won't get to see the kids and tell them about Jesus.
Today's encouraging word is on selflessness.  Because if you are selfless, you'll find it somewhat easier to complete the things that have to be done today and easier to rely upon Christ and not yourself.
I've been working on this quite a bit myself.  Especially with having Good News Club every Wednesday.  Sometimes I don't enjoy teaching, but it's something that brings God glory.  I don't usually enjoy getting all dressed in nice clothes only to come home 2 hours later completely exhausted, but it brings God glory since I get dressed up to go out and teach kids about Him.
Being selfless is the opposite of easy, but if you begin to rely upon Christ more than you rely upon yourself, things will suddenly seem easier.  He is in control of all things, and He wants you to lean upon Him.
Sometimes making sacrifices for others is better than doing things for yourself.  It makes you feel fulfilled since you did something for Christ...and we all know that He is the ultimate fulfill-er.  The one who brings us satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment