Monday, March 10, 2014

The Intelligent Designer

Lost.  Lost is the word I used to describe how I felt in my faith.  I felt like I didn't know where it was or where I was in my walk with Christ.  I had a long talk with my mom one day and it helped me to get my feet back under me.  I was able to once again see God in my life and I laughed at the foolish doubts that I had.
One thing that mom said to me I will never forget.  I had asked her how we even know there really is a God.  This is her reply: "But look around you, Liz.  Look at the plants and the water.  Look at yourself.  None of these incredible things could have been an accident.  The human body is so complex the only logical explanation for it is that it was made by an intelligent designer.  And the plants and animals?  They're way too complex to be an accident."
The bible says in Genesis 1:1-2: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep.  And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."
I love those verses.  Mom was right.  The things around us are too complex to have been an accident or to have gotten here by chance.  They had to have something incredible create them.  Never forget that God is our intelligent designer, and nothing created in this world is an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment